Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Final game

I just realized that I have not posted a recap of the final game of the season. It was great soccer weather to take on the Femmes. We played on the Catholic Univ. turf field and made great use of a nice field.

I really feel this was our best game of the season. Although we were missing a few key folks we mixed up the line up a bit and really took it to them. I have never seen the ball spend so much time at the other end of the field. Our forwards really came together and made more shots on goal in this one game then I think we have seen all season. The mid fielders provided great support and really opened the field up. Defense was strong and the goals they scored were really quite amazing shots.

Afterwards one of our opponents came up to me and said how much they thought we had improved, that none of their team can believe it is only our second season together and how they know to watch out for us in the Fall.

Now if we can just get some fancy uniforms like they have then I think we can make a run for at least a .500 season!

2 comments:

Monica said...

I thought they scored just one goal - on the header from the corner kick... Were there other goals I missed? ;)

Maybe I got kicked in the head again and don't remember...

Unknown said...

No, they only scored one goal but maybe it just was sooo sweet it almost counted for 2.