Monday, September 24, 2007

What a game!

Our trend came to an end this last weekend against the Killer Tomatoes. What a game we played. We were at Turkey Thicket on that rough field in the middle of the day in the lovely heat. The 2-0 loss does not reflect how hard we played. We were light years better then we were last season. It was like playing with a different team.

It was a rough and tumble game. I hit the ground hard in the first half and it took a bit for me to get the dazed look off my face. Kia also hit the ground a few times as she made some amazing runs to the goal. But we could not break through their defense and their offense had us running hard. We have another chance to get a win against them later in the season.

Indoor ended with a playoff game that went down 3-13. It was a tough loss without many subs. As Amanda said it was a great opportunity to work on the things they had wanted to all season. Amanda and Carrie both played in goal and folks got alot of chances to pass and improve their ball handling skills.

We are knee deep in our outdoor season but I strongly urge folks to check out the Washington Freedom clinics over the winter break. I did one last winter and felt a huge boost in my confidence if not my skills:)

No comments: